Stay and Spend Scheme
We are delighted to be a part of the Government Stay and Spend scheme. The Irish Government have introduced the Stay and Spend Scheme to encourage residents to support local hospitality businesses.
Here are all the details you need to know so you can enjoy a staycation or meal at The Martello and claim 20% of your bill back.
- Runs from 1st October until 30th April 2021
- Claim 20% tax back on your bill from participating restaurants, pubs, hotels and B&Bs
- Maximum amount allowed to claim back for individuals is €125 (20% of €625)
- Maximum amount allowed to claim back for jointly assessed couples is €250 (20% of €1,250)
- The minimum spend per transaction is €25
- Alcoholic drinks or drinks ordered without food do not qualify
- Take away orders do not qualify
How to claim?
- Claims can be made when completing your annual tax returns
- Submit photos of your relevant receipts to Revenue using the free Revenue Receipts Tracker App
- Input the name of business and how much you spent
- If you do not have a smartphone, you can claim online and by post